Order Allow,Deny Deny from all Will I have to pay back my health insurance provider if I recover damages in a Florida cruise ship accident case? | Jay Cooper Law Office

Attorney at Law since 1986

Florida Circuit Civil Mediator & Qualified Arbitrator


Toll Free (855) 346-5897

Health insurers have what we call a write up subrogation. So does Medicare. This means that if the health insurer or Medicare pays out expenses, medical expenses, hospital bills, those types of things, that health insurer or Medicare typically has the right to recover those damages out of your personal injury settlement or judgment. Many of these subrogation clauses found in health insurance and Medicare policies apply to your accident case. Often the amounts are negotiable with the insurance companies or with the federal government. You need an experienced lawyer to maximize your recovery.