Order Allow,Deny Deny from all Where can my Florida nursing home abuse case be filed? | Jay Cooper Law Office

Attorney at Law since 1986

Florida Circuit Civil Mediator & Qualified Arbitrator


Toll Free (855) 346-5897

In most instances in a nursing home, abuse, or negligence case in Florida, you have to sue the licensee. That is the person or entity that actually owns the license to operate the nursing home. You sue the licensee where the licensee is located. In most circumstances, the licensee is located in the county where the nursing home is. In other instances, there are some national nursing home chains that may have nursing homes spread throughout the state. They may be sued in federal court or in different forums depending upon where their business operations are.