Order Allow,Deny Deny from all I have an attorney outside of the state where the cruise ship departed ? Can he or she handle my cruise ship injury case | Jay Cooper Law Office

Attorney at Law since 1986

Florida Circuit Civil Mediator & Qualified Arbitrator


Toll Free (855) 346-5897

If you’re from out of state, or you have an attorney who is from out of state, that attorney can ostensibly petition pro hac vice to get into the court where the lawsuit has to be filed. The more typical situation however is that attorney will contact a practitioner in the area where the lawsuit has to be filed. In my particular circumstances, I’m often contacted by lawyers who have clients that live out of state. Those lawyers are out of state. They don’t want to handle the case. They don’t want to have to be admitted pro hac vice to a federal court in Miami. What they do is they refer the case to an attorney who is an [inaudible 00:00:45] lawyer in Florida, and that lawyer then continues with the case, and works out the specifics with the referring attorney.